Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Spring Week: Spiky / Random Magenta

Kerry . Tara


Kerry: Spiky - The spring flowers I grew up with are things like tulips and daffodils and hyacinths - pretty, cheerful flowers that just don't exist in Hawaii. This is a flower that grows on bushes around my neighborhood. I don't know what it's called, and it doesn't have any fragrance, but it's pure white and colorful at the same time, and undeniably tropical looking. It doesn't exactly say "spring" to me, but I'm sure it says "spring" to people who grew up here.
(ps, I'm an idiot - it's a hibiscus. Duh.)

Tara: Random Magenta - I took my son on our usual walk yesterday. Usually the only flowers we ever see are some buttercups or dandelions. I have no idea what these are, (Uh, Kerry?) but they were definitely out of place and very pretty.

2 comments:

Kerry said...

It looks like something in the dianthus family to me - pinks, maybe? The only reason I know this is because it's a common cut flower (same family as carnations).

Mother Hoodwink said...

Ahh, thanks. Pretty picture btw.