Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Makai / Dragon

Kerry . Tara


Kerry: Makai - The water in Hawaii is always beautiful. Usually it's many brilliant shades of turquoise and green, and blue only where it's deep (which isn't in a lot of places along the coast of Oahu). For the past few days, though, it's been darker than usual - brilliant shades of teal and azure, and where it's blue, it's almost purple. Kaneohe Bay has even more variations of color than usual, and Waimanalo Bay is the greenest shade of aquamarine that I've ever seen.

Brandon fell asleep in the car today, so I took him for a drive so he could nap undisturbed. I can't get out of the car to take pictures while he's asleep in it, so I practiced my ever-improving drive-and-shoot skills. This one was on Kalanianaole Highway, coming down into Hawaii Kai from the direction of Hanauma Bay. ("Makai" means "towards the sea".)

Tara: Dragon - This is a little dragon sculpture that sits under our bonsai tree.

No comments: