Monday, May 14, 2007

Spring Week: Pink and Green / Furry Trees

Kerry (top). Tara (bottom)


Kerry: Pink and Green - This is some kind of succulent (the class of plant that cacti and aloe belong to) in a pot in my neighbor's yard. Obviously they don't put too much effort into taking care of it, since the pot is now also full of grass. I thought the colors looked nice and spring-y.

Tara: Furry Trees - After living on this base for a year and a half, we found this really pretty nature walk behind some buildings we never go to. It's fairly close to our house, so I think I'll be integrating into our daily walks.

The only bad part about this nature walk is that there is poison ivy and oak everywhere. You have to stay on the path or you will pay for it with lots of itching. I found these trees neat looking because they are covered with poison ivy, and in the sunlight, they looked furry to me.

No comments: