Monday, April 23, 2007

Trifecta of Deliciousness / Below the Below

Kerry . Tara




Kerry: Trifecta of Deliciousness - I spent a lot of time wondering what would be a suitable subject for this, our innaugural installment. I mean, first impressions, start off on the right foot, and whatnot. I guess that what I ended up choosing isn't all that spectacular - but it pretty well encapsulates my Sundays. After yoga class, I stop at Jamba Juice and get smoothies for myself, my husband and my son. Much of the rest of the day is spent trying (unsuccessfully) to get my son to drink his smoothie from a sippy straw cup, and cleaning up the spills that result when he insists on drinking it from the Jamba Juice cup instead. At any rate, I thought that the colors were pretty. (Red = Pomegranate Paradise; purple = Acai Supercharger; yellow = Tahiti Green Tea.)

Tara: Below the Below - My husband is a musician so my son and I went to see him play at Africa in April in Memphis. While my husband's band set up on stage, they had these people talk about how important it was to pull your pants up. One woman kept repeating, "We don't want to see your below the below so pull your pants up."

Then a rapper came out and busted out the oldest school beat on his Casio keyboard and rapped about how you need to pull your pants up. "Be a man, take a stand and pull your pants up. No one wants to see your boxer shooortsss." I MUST find this on iTunes.

Editor's Note: You can go here to listen to the most awesome rap ever. The guy who runs the Pull Your Pants Up Missions also runs a few other organizations. One of them is about helping kids and I find it ironic that the mascot for that one is a guy who clearly hasn't pulled his pants up.

2 comments:

Kerry said...

OMG TARA, I think I might have to buy that CD.

Tara said...

Sure go ahead, but it is NOTHING like the live version. I felt so bad for Josh's band because there was no way the could follow that awseome act.