Tuesday, April 24, 2007

That's Just Wrong / POV of a Gear

Kerry . Tara


Kerry:
That's Just Wrong - We found this today on the back of a box of Pop Secret popcorn. I think it speaks for itself. It reminds me of the one episode of the Sarah Silverman Show that I saw (due to some time-zone weirdness, it was on at the same time here as 30 Rock) - the one with "Black God". But I mean, Sarah Silverman was trying to be wrong. I don't think the folks at Pop Secret were going for the same effect.

Tara: POV of a Gear - My son loves these gears. He loves to bang them together, chew on them and pretty much just hold them. He had piled them up on the coffee table when I took this shot.

3 comments:

Tara said...

Wow, Kerry, that is wrong. I can't believe they would let that slide.

Toya said...

I'm missing it, I think. I think there actually *is* a Black Spiderman, right? Not Black like *Black*, but Black like the dark side of Spiderman??? Did I totally make that up?

Kerry said...

No, you're right Toya. Spiderman did have a black suit for a while (he will in the the 3rd movie) - but I don't think he was ever called "Black Spiderman". The wording just seems a bit awkward and, well, wrong to me. I don't know, maybe we're so overly aware of being "wrong" that we overreact sometimes?