Thursday, July 26, 2007

Obscenity (Theme) : Graffiti / F#@$

Kerry . Tara


Kerry: Graffiti - I was all set to upload a different picture, and then I saw the one that Tara had on tap as a backup for today and I thought, hey, why not make today a theme day? I took this picture at the playground yesterday because I am making an effort to document as much of the graffiti as possible, in case I ever get around to writing a complaint letter about the lousy job that security has been doing around housing. Anyway. It's hard to take pictures of graffiti on this plastic playground stuff because of the way the light comes through it; the letters end up looking translucent and not really showing up in the picture. In this case, it looks kind of cool. (Also, if you look closely, you can see that this picture is actually on its side. I usually upload directly from my camera and I'm too lazy to put it through photoshop first to rotate it.)

Tara: F#@$ - No cussing signs at the oceanfront in Virginia Beach. [This is a backup picture. I am on vacation.]

2 comments:

Tara said...

What's so bad about Salt Lake?

Kerry said...

You know what, I have no idea. What's especially perplexing about it is the fact that any civilian hoodlums who would be coming to the playground and grafitti-ing it (is that a word?) would be FROM Salt Lake. Unless they're commuting. Who knows.